The Angus Youth Justice Strategy 2009-2012
The Angus Youth Justice Strategy involves a number of key partners planning both joint and joined-up services to challenge and engage youth offending and anti-social behaviour in Angus.
The strategy is made up of four components within which specific services operate. These components relate to the risk of the young person re offending. The higher the risk the more intensive the supports provided to the young person. As needs and risks reduce so is the level of involvement from the agencies. It is an integrated approach with each component connected to the other, which allows for a young person's smooth transition up and down the continuum as his or her needs change.
|Tier/Level of Risk||Primary Service Provider|
|Tier 1 - Minimum Risk||Local Multi Agency Resource Teams (LMARTs)|
|Tier 2 - Low Risk||Angus Restorative Justice Service|
|Tier 3 - Medium Risk||Social Work Community Support Services|
|Tier 4 - High Risk||Youth Justice Team|
Angus Youth Justice Triangle
The Angus Youth Justice Forum is a multi-agency partnership which meets on a quarterly basis to plan and co-ordinate Youth Justice services within Angus.
The Angus Youth Justice Forum sits within the revised Angus Children's Services Structure which was launched on 1 April 2008, and reports directly to the Children's Services Quality Improvement and Performance Management Group (see page 3 of the Angus Youth Justice Strategy 2009-2012 (1.4 MB PDF) for this structure).
Membership of this partnership includes:
- Angus Council Youth Justice Co-ordinator
- Angus Council Social Work and Health
- Tayside Police
- Angus College
- NHS Tayside
- Angus Children's Panel
- Rossie Secure Accommodation
- Tayside Fire and Rescue
- Angus Council Neighbourhood Services
- Tayside Council on Alcohol (TCA)
- CAIR Scotland/WEB Project
- Victim Support Tayside
- Angus Council Education Department
- Scottish Children's Reporter Administration
- Angus Council Community Learning and Development
- Angus Community Safety Partnership
A number of sub groups of the Youth Justice Forum meet on a regular basis, these include:
- The Restorative Justice Steering Group
- LMART Steering Group
- Young Offenders Monitoring Group
- Intensive Support and Monitoring Group
The work of the forum is supported by a multi-agency youth justice co-ordinator. This post contributes to a number of cross cutting groups whose themes link to the work of youth justice, these include:
- Choose Life Steering Group
- Angus Community Safety Tactical, Tasking and Co-ordinating Group
- Drug and Alcohol Accountable Group
- Angus Council Community Lifelong Learning Partnership Group
The Youth Justice Co-ordinator is also represented on the National Youth Justice Co-ordinators Group, and is also called to sit on review groups locally, most recently the Joint Review of Behavioural Management in Schools Group.